" WHO AM I? "

  " May I know, who is this? ", " Introduce yourself", " Tell me about yourself", " Who are you?", " Who is this?".  An individual human being must definitely come across many of these phrases. From the school time to the job period, we are ought to speak about ourselves. We obviously knew this and even we prepare many different aspects of our self- introduction. 

     Yes, What will be our answer for these questions. " I am so and so. I am the Son/ daughter of this person. This is my native. This is my religion. I am good at this. I have many years of experience,  etc. Have you ever come across, " Who am I?". Have you questioned yourself. You can't say the same answers to this question too. Because,  you can decorate about yourself and fool others. But, you can't cheat your own self. Then, what may be the answer.

    At certain point of time, we lose our identity.  We are known as son/ daughter of someone.  Husband/ wife of someone. Especially after having kids, you will be definitely known by your kid's name. Then what happened to our identity. If you say,  you are the son or daughter of someone,  you are speaking about your parents. You may speak about your religion,  nativity,  community, but you don't have any of your role there, as it is created by someone.  You may be the obedient daughter-in- law, first class student of a renown college, well earned employee of a high tech company.  In all these cases,  we are losing ourselves  and we are describing about something in which we are forced into. So, the answer for our question is doubtful.

   Knowingly or unknowingly,  we forget about our character,  values, and ethics, which are the exact criterias to describe a person's self. Did you ever think about this perspective.  Question yourself " Am I the one, who has courtesy to use Please, Thank you, and Sorry?", " Have I ever hurt anybody,  by questioning about their job, salary, kids and other personal issues?", " Did I deceive or cheat anyone?", " Have I tried to lend my support to my friends and family, before they ask for?", " Have I been a socially responsible person?", " Did  I console anyone,  when they are crying,  without enquiring more or without hurting?", " Have I given equal space for my fellow people?", " Have I been grateful for the help I received?". 

   So, When you answer all these questions,  you may find the answer for " Who am I?". Hence, a person's personality should not depend on their education, job, or money. It must be of, how others feel, when we are with them. They should feel happy, safe, and comfortable in our presence.  At the same time, we have to live our life for ourself and not to satisfy others. One cannot satisfy everyone all time.  We live once and we die once. Live for yourself, but at the same time don't be the reason for anyone's hurt. Real personality is not someone who is earning  five digit salary,  but a roadside vendor who gives the exact change knowing that it was not his money.  So, Ponder a lot and point out, " Who am I?" to yourself.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woman to be....